The Political Action Committee works to promote and ensure nonpartisan voter empowerment and civic engagement of African Americans and other historically marginalized and disenfranchised residents of Baltimore County. The committee strives to increase political awareness, voter education, voter registration and voter participation in elections, the decennial census and political redistricting. The committee also keeps informed about political, economic, housing, public safety, educational and other issues that impact minority communities.
- The Political Action Committee is nonpartisan and shall not endorse candidates for public office.
- The Political Action Committee shall seek to increase voter education, voter registration and voter participation. Every ten years, the Political Action Committee shall also engage in and promote participation in the decennial census and nonpartisan redistricting of local, state, and congressional districts.
- The Political Action Committee shall work for the enactment of local, state, and federal legislation designed to improve educational, political and economic status and overall quality of life of minority groups; and seeks to oppose or repeal racially discriminatory legislation.
- The Political Action Committee shall work to improve the administration of justice.
- The Political Action Committee shall work to secure equal enforcement of the law.
- The Political Action Committee shall keep the National Office and the Unit informed of all proposed legislation which affects minority groups.
If interested, email Cliff Collins at: email@example.com